Before arranging road transport, we must know the dimensions of the vessel, It might seem obvious but it is important to accurately measure and weigh the yacht. These measurements should include outboard motors, platforms and outriggers. Providing us with the correct weight and measurements, including height for clearances means that we can provide correct trailers. OceanTrax can transport vessels of up to 3.5 tonnes.
As with shipping a vessel, OceanTrax will prepare your vessel for road transport, however there are things you can do to help us.
– Water tanks and fuel tanks should be empty or as low as possible.
– Loose items on deck should be removed (horseshoe buoys, dan buoys etc.) and stowed safely.
– Deck instruments, navigation screens removed and stowed if possible.
– An inventory made of items on board.
– Gas cylinders disconnected and turned to off.
– Anchors removed or tied down.
– Radar arches folded down if possible.
– If taking the vessel abroad, ensure we have all the correct paperwork.
– Consider having the vessel shrink wrapped to protect against grime and possible stone chips.