OceanTrax will do the majority of preparation on the vessel, we have a comprehensive checklist we work through before leaving port. This checklist can be downloaded here .
However no one knows your boat better than you so there are things as an owner of the vessel you can do to help speed the process up.
– Ensure all the correct paperwork is on board. Often crews are asked for registration documents, proof of VAT status and insurance.
– List any known defects or peculiarities of the vessel. For example it is not uncommon for older vessels to have had work carried out and switches installed in strange places!
– Dinghies and outboards stowed.
– In-date life-raft and flare pack.
– For motor yachts in particular, details of approximate fuel consumption and range.
– If possible ensure the vessel is fully fuelled.
– A recent surveyor’s report to view, if available.
– List any equipment you do not wish us to use e.g. racing sails.
– Inventory of on board equipment if possible
These details can save ours crews valuable time on arrival at a new vessel.